SPOILER ALERT!

Vivian Versus the Apocalypse

Vivian Versus The Apocalypse - Katie Coyle
A chilling vision of a contemporary USA where the sinister Church of America is destroying lives. Our cynical protagonist, sixteen-year-old Vivian Apple, is awaiting the fated 'Rapture' - or rather the lack of it. Her evangelical parents have been in the Church's thrall for too long, and she's looking forward to getting them back. Except that when Vivian arrives home the day after the supposed 'Rapture', her parents are gone. All that is left are two holes in the ceiling...Viv is determined to carry on as normal, but when she starts to suspect that her parents might still be alive, she realizes she must uncover the truth. Joined by Peter, a boy claiming to know the real whereabouts of the Church, and Edie, a heavily pregnant Believer who has been 'left behind', they embark on a road trip across America. Encountering freak weather, roving 'Believer' gangs and a strange teenage group calling themselves the 'New Orphans', Viv soon begins to realize that the Rapture was just the beginning.

Woah, this book was good. I mean really, it was good. It wasn’t a dystopian or fantasy novel, which are my favorites, but more of a contemporary mystery novel. I'm not into contemporary books at all, but this one was just....wow. There was no big romance plot, just the bigger story. There is romance in the book, don’t get me wrong, but unlike many other YA books, or books in general, the romance was not the big part of the book.

I think what I like most about this book is that once the “Rapture” happens, people mostly continue going on with their lives. Sure there are some going crazy, but for the most part people are going to work and life is going right along. Mostly you read about how society falls, and people are walking around with guns forming packs and stuff, but not this one. Yea there are some bad stuff happening, but mostly what you would expect.

This book was great and I am totally going to read the rest of the series. I ordered the UK book, but it’ll be released in the US in January under the name Vivian Apple at the End of the World. I’m still gonna buy it!

Read this book, it was good! A little predictable, but still amazingly good! Love, Love, Love this book.