Dorothy Must Die

Dorothy Must Die - Danielle  Paige
I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado—taking you with it—you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little blue birds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still the yellow brick road, though—but even that's crumbling.
What happened?
Dorothy. They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm—and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission:
Remove the Tin Woodman's heart.
Steal the Scarecrow's brain.
Take the Lion's courage.
Then and only then—Dorothy must die!

Wooo! I’m excited for this series! I was unsure at first, but man, it’s horrifying in all the right ways. This book was dark; there were so many things I didn’t expect to happen that just made me go “wut.” I mean, right off the bat someone dies after all. It’s hard to say if anyone’s safe in this series.

I liked this series so much I want to pre-order the next book, but I may be moving soon so I don’t have an address for it.

I’m on a horror story kick right now, and this one really made me happy. I wouldn’t say it was super scary or anything, but it sure as hell was creepy. I wish I didn’t doubt it so much and had bought it sooner, but then I’d still have to wait for the next book anyway.

Either way, I’d recommend this book so hard!