The Infinite Sea

The Infinite Sea - Rick Yancey

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.
Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.
Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.

OH MY GOSH, what a horrible way to start off a book! I thought the first one was pretty dark, training kids to kill by making them think regular people are killer aliens, but man was I wrong. Before you even get into the chapters, the prolog The Wheat was just wrong on so many levels. After reading just that I was like 'woah dude.'

Other then that, the book did not have much going on in it. It was all mostly about Ringer, because she is obviously being set up for something. I did like the book, it just wasn't as exciting as the last one. I also had the same problem of not knowing whose point of view the chapters were of.

It's a good follow up to The 5th Wave, very dark, but for me it just wasn't as good. You should totally read it though!